“Implementing cloud is not an IT project – it’s about business transformation…” (Wilson Wong, GP Batteries)
I know cloud transformation is a common topic, but this short article from Harvard Business Review has some stories of different company’s transformations and their impact, within Asia Pacific that I thought might be interesting; Transformation in the Cloud: Driving Enterprise Growth Across Asia Pacific.
With business services increasingly coming from the cloud (SaaS), the non-technical part is far more important and requires full commitment and involvement at all levels.
Here are some other highlights that I liked:
- The big drivers for cloud transformation journey remain to be greater agility, scalability, and flexibility.
- Agility means real time predictive insights to enable businesses to become more proactive.
- Interoperability – allows the integration of different systems to gain more wholistic view e.g. CRM with voice, help desk
- Staff have a better experience through cloud-based work with innovation and improvements then managing infrastructure operations.
- Overcoming adoption reluctance – examples and ideas